After Hours Emergency

For all after hours emergencies please contact Kilburn on (03) 9428 0056

The Owners Corporation has access to appropriately trained and skilled contractors outside of business hours should the need arise. Any such call out should only be for an emergency related issue for the common property, i.e., water leaking from one apartment to the next, no power to the common property lighting, vehicle access door is stuck down and residents cannot leave the property.

Our after hours operator is a maintenance contractor that has performed the role for approximately 20 years. The relationship has worked favorably for our clients and has resulted in after hours call-out being minimised and largely mitigated. Other Owners Corporation managers engage the services of 24/7 call centers (in Australia and overseas) but such call centers come at a cost which is largely an unnecessary burden on the Owners Corporation.

I have a water leak

Water leaks can be challenging matters to deal with. Leaks can arise from a number of different sources, and different remedies may be required for different situations. Generally, the first step is to determine the source, frequency and scale of the leak, then contact your Owners Corporation manager with this information

It may be tricky to identify the source of the leak. In multistorey apartment buildings, possible causes of water ingress from one unit to another can include burst pipes, shower membrane failure, overflowing roof spouting, as well as leaks from toilets, taps, dishwashers, cisterns, and washing machines among other things.

If there is water entering your property, it is advisable that you contact your Owners Corporation manager for assistance and guidance. Your Owners Corporation manager can then arrange for a suitable contractor to attend to conduct an investigation into the situation and recommend a course of action.

I’ve locked myself out

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve locked yourself out.  This, however, is typically a private matter as opposed to an Owners Corporation matter. If you are a lot owner, you should contact a locksmith to arrange for access into your unit. If, on the other hand, you are a tenant, it is recommended that you contact your real estate agent who can then advise you of a solution.

I need to connect utilities

If you are a tenant, you will typically need to make arrangements with your agent or landlord, if you are dealing directly with a landlord.

If you are a lot owner, please refer to your building’s factsheet (if applicable). Otherwise, the following procedures typically apply:


Water is typically already connected to your property, but you will need to contact your relevant water authority to set up an account. For more information about your property’s relevant water authority, please refer to this interactive map.


If you live in an apartment complex, you may be receiving your energy via an embedded network. To check if your apartment is part of an embedded network and for more information about the implications of being part of an embedded network, please check the public register, which can be accessed from this page.

If you are not part of an embedded network you will normally need to contact your preferred supplier to set up an account, and contact the supplier in your previous building to make arrangements for closing/moving your account. For more information regarding each individual provider’s procedures, please visit their respective websites.


Typically, there are three ways to obtain an Internet connection: via the nbn network,a direct fibre connection, or adsl. To find out if your building is using nbn, please check nbn’s website. Alternatively, to check if your building is using a direct fibre connection check TPG’s website.

Most buildings will have their own protocols regarding setting up Internet access.  Should a technician need to access the building’s main distribution frame to connect your Internet, contact your OC manager and submit a request for access in writing.

I need to order a Remote/Fob

Most properties have strict protocols in relation to the provision of access control devices, including carpark remotes, fob readers, swipe passes or keys for common property. If you are ordering a new fob, you will need to submit your request in writing, and you will be required to provide justification.

Most properties limit the number of access control devices provided to occupiers. For example, occupiers are usually only provided with 1-2 fobs per carpark lot. If a new fob is needed because of a malfunctioning fob, you will likely be required to return the old fob. Occupiers are normally only allowed two access control passes per lot, unless the occupier is a tenant, in which case an agent may be provided with an additional access control device.

Something has been stolen

This is generally a police matter and you should report any incidents to the police. This applies to thefts from vehicles, storage cages, mailboxes, and apartments. If CCTV footage is required, you will need to submit a written request for the retrieval of the footage. This will normally incur a cost and is subject to the availability of CCTV footage at the premise.

It is strongly recommended that you avoid leaving valuables in mailboxes and carparks, including in cars and storage cages. These sites are common targets for opportunistic thieving. It should be noted that storage cages are not insurable.

Some properties may have strict rules against leaving keys and access control devices in mailboxes. If incidents occur as a result of this, you may be liable for any costs incurred. It is highly recommended that you take precautionary measures, such as requesting valuable parcels or important personal information to be sent to your local post office if you are not available to retrieve them.

How do I pay my fees

There are several options to pay your fees, including via BPay, by phone, online, by mail, or in person. Please refer to the bottom of your invoice for more information. You are encouraged to pay your fees within 28 days from the due date noted on the invoice to avoid incurring interest charges on any amount owing past the due date.

I need to order an OC Certificate

You will need to submit a request for an OC certificate in writing. You will receive a confirmation when the request has been submitted, with an expected timeframe before the certificate is processed. The certificate must be issued within 10 days of receiving the request.  It would be appreciated if you only contact us if you experience delays or do not receive confirmation.

Charges applicable to ordering an OC Certificate are outlined in the Owners Corporation Regulations 2018 and vary for certificates issued within certain timeframes:

  • 2 business days after the Owners Corporation receives the certificate (17.35 fee units)
  • 3-5 business days after the Owners Corporation receives the certificate (14.46 fee units)
  • 6-10 business days after the Owners Corporation receives the certificate (9.64 fee units).

See the Consumer Affairs Victoria website for more information and the Department of Treasury and Finance website for the current fee unit rate (please note this changes annually with inflation).